I'll get it all down on paper. Someday.


Thursday 10 April 2008

Things That Annoy AlyMondo #2

When people say they've seen a film, when they quite obviously haven't, but continue to talk about it anyway!

"Aw, man, have you seen [insert film's name here]?"

"Yeah, yeah.""It's sooo good! I saw it last night, been meaning to see it for a while."

"Yeah, it's ace. I went to see it in the cinema."

"Oh, how cool was that bit when [insert exciting/movie-defining/critical-to-plot/unforgettable scene here]?"

"Eh... yeah. Yeah that bit was really cool."

"The only thing I didn't like was [insert absolutely terrible/hard to ignore/Dakota Fanning here]. What d'you reckon?"

"Eh, well... yeah, I agree. I don't really remember it much to be honest. It was AGES ago tht I watched it..."

For fuck's sake! If you haven't seen a film just fucking say so. So you'll probably get a "I cannot believe you haven't seen Flight of the Navigator!" type rant, but at least you WON'T BE WASTING MY PRECIOUS FUCKING TIME! It's pathetic. Do you really care whether I give a shit if you've missed out on something brilliant. That's your problem not mine. I just don't see why these people feel the need to pretend about it, like I'm going to judge your puny lives by such things...P.S. If you haven't seen Flight of the Navigator I'm no longer your friend.

No comments: