I'll get it all down on paper. Someday.


Wednesday 8 June 2011

Finally the Going is Got.

It's seems like forever ago that I started writing the second issue of Necrophenia, but I can now say I've gotten the first draft in the bag. For some reason it really got stuck in my throat and took a long time and a lot of notes to spit the phlegm out and onto the page. But this morning there was one final *huch and spit* and Necrophenia, Chapter Two: Day Tripper was done.

You may notice that with only two out of the eight issues complete it would appear that I am now somewhat behind schedule. If my plan of one issue a week was on track I would now be onto issue four as opposed to only issue three, but I'm not panickng just yet.

After a morning of staring at the screen, messing about possible logos and watching Brighton tourist information videos I can say that issue three is already under way and seems to be in full swing. The philosophical part of my brain can see that just like issue two, this was a transitional period in my writing of the project. It was about getting from one place to the other with a clearer view of what might lie ahead. Day Tripper sees Midge, the unassuming hero of the story, travel from the broken and shady streets of London to the once pleasant and oh-so-shiny promenade of Brighton's pebbled beach, only to find more horror and disease. And although there was a few hiccups along the way, he's finally made it.

Chapter three: The Leader of the Pack is already at the halfway point after only a couple of hours of writing and promises to be a doozy. I'm already excited and I haven't even gotten to the Halfdead Girl Guides scene yet. Bring on the rolling pins.

1 comment:

Matt said...

Awesome job. can't wait to see it.